Thursday 5 December 2013

The Outcome - Timed Assessment

In the timed assessment, my partner, Phoebe had to recreate the design that I have created for my contemporary Elizabethan image. The timed assessment lasted a total of one and a half hours. Within that time, Phoebe had to complete my makeup and hair designs on me. 

The final outcome





Peer-review Evaluation 


Personally I feel that Phoebe did a great job. I feel that we were fully prepared for the timed assessment; we met up and went over the look. We practiced the design on my face twice before doing the timed assessment. The both times that we recreated the look, we made slight adjustments and improvements, for example, at first the eyebrows were to be coloured in, however, we felt that the eyebrows overpowered the looks and found that whitening out the eyebrows complemented the rest of the face makeup much better. Phoebe was very good at the base makeup and eyebrows, she also did well in matching and mixing the eyeshadows that I wanted on the eyes. However, I was concerned about her skills in applying fake lashes (as paperself lashes were used in the look) because she had little experience with them, I showed her how to apply the glue and how I wanted them to sit on my eyes. Phoebe had some trouble with the lips, she had trouble lining the lips and finding the right lip colour. I helped her overcome that by stretching my lips in different ways, making it easier for her to work on, she improved after a couple of practices. Before the timed assessment, I gave Phoebe a list of products that she will be needing, facechart and a step to step guide with simple instructions, I also supplied her with the lashes, gems and lip colour. During the assessment, she referred to my instructions and facechart and did well in executing the look. I was extremely impressed by her eyebrow tinting technique. In the assessment Phoebe looked professional and I was fully confident with her ability.

My timed assessment – recreating partner’s design

When I first saw Phoebe’s design, she told me she was not 100% sure of it. We both analysed her facecharts and she explained all her ideas to me, I gave her a couple of suggestions and we ended up changing her design a little. In her design, she wanted to whiten the eyelashes, I was a little concerned with that because lash pigmentation is not one of my strong points, I was also concerned about creating the freckles on the face, worried that they may look too uniform thus making them look unrealistic. I overcame this as I practiced really getting into the lashes with a disposable mascara wand, I also practiced drawing freckles, drawing them as randomly as I could, and powering over them, softening the pencil and giving a more natural effect.

I felt confident on the day of the timed assessment, however, afterwards, I felt that I should have used a white mascara instead of white foundation to pigment the eyelashes because the foundation was quite heavy and made the lashes drop a little, I also wish I contoured the face a little bit more. Overall, I feel that I did well in executing my partner’s design, I felt that the hair really complemented the look. I am proud of myself for achieving the look in the time we were given, this had made me more confident with my time management skills.






No comments:

Post a Comment