Monday 2 December 2013

My New Elizabethan: Trial


 After creating my three designs for my new Elizabethan character. I have reflected and I have chosen to use the third design as I feel that it says more to me, there is more symbolism within the makeup. I also feel that makeup will look best with the hair design that will accompany the look. I also really like the colour combination and features of the look. 

So, in the last practical session, I talked to my partner (Phoebe, who will be executing the look on me in the timed assessment)about how the look will be executed on the day of the assessment. 

Phoebe practiced recreating the look on me and afterwards, we made a few adjustments and improvements. 



Chosen design: 































Here is the trial outcome: 


Note: Instead of the black lashes in the first trial, paperself lashes have been used instead to create a more regal delicate feature and keeping the eyes lighter. This also makes the lips stand out stronger, creating more contrast. 














After we tested out the look on my face and added a few adjustments, we spotted that some improvements needed to be made. 

The highlight on the cupid bow is too strong and looks messy, this can be fixed by just adding some highlight powder, or keeping the harsh white but using a thinner brush and make the outline very thin and subtle. 

The eyebrows overpower the look, I suggested that instead of filling in the brows, they can be whitened and the eyeshadow can be raised higher onto the brow bone creating a softer feel. 

The lips needed to be darker, so, I suggested to line and fill the lips with black eyeliner and fill with a wine red lip colour, evoking a more gothic and harsher feel. 

With all that said, I went to create a new face chart alongside a list of products she will need in which she can refer to in the timed assessment when executing the look.




I will be supplying Phoebe with Paperself lashes, tiny pearls and MAC lipstick in REBEL to create the look. 







No comments:

Post a Comment