Monday 11 November 2013

Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara Review.

You have seen this mascara everywhere. But is this product worth the rave? Today I will be doing a product review.

Note: This is my own personal opinions and experience. You have perfect right to disagree. 




What this UK NO.1 best selling mascara promises your lashes: 

Lengthens
Curls
Lifts and separates 
Long wearing

I have naturally thin stick straight lashes which point in a downwards direction and have been searching for the perfect mascara to give them a boost. After hearing the wonders of 'They're Real' mascara for a while, I finally purchased it. Being £19.50 on the market - it is not a cheap mascara, for me, it counts as an investment. 

Appearance: 




I am a sucker for pretty product packaging and appearance, I think that the design of the tube is very sleek and simple. It feels heavy in your hand with that expensive quality.

The applicator is quite slim, and there is a ball at the end, which enables you to get into the finer lashes and be more precise with the mascara application. 

SO, does it work? 

Below are the before and after pictures. Since I have very short straight lashes I had to curl them beforehand using heat. 






You can see clearly that the mascara has added definition to my lashes. I feel that the formula for this mascara is quite heavy, I had to curl my lashes again after applying the mascara because the formula made them droop. I also feel that the mascara can clump eyelashes together so instead of applying the product with the wand horizontally, I applied it vertically, making it really add length the the lashes. It is true that the mascara separates the lashes, however, it doesn't separate single lashes but a couple at a time, making the outcome look spidery. I had to separate the lashes by combing them through with a disposable mascara wand. However, I feel that this mascara is best for lengthening and it is indeed very long wearing - it stayed put for a good half day with no smudge or fallout. 

Overall, I feel that this mascara is not a miracle worker for me, the formula is too wet and causes my lashes to droop because of its heaviness. I feel that there are cheaper mascaras on the market that can achieve what it promises and or do better. 

I will not be repurchasing this product. I'll stick to my holy grail Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara:




























Left eye: Rimmel London Sexy Curves 
Right eye: They're Real! 

Quote of the day, why pay more if you can pay less!








No comments:

Post a Comment